The City of Miramar was incorporated May 26, 1955. At the time of incorporation, the City had a population of less than two hundred people. With approximately 2.9 square miles land area, Miramar's original city boundaries were: S.W. 64th Avenue on the east, University Drive on the West the Dade County Line on the south - Pembroke Road on the north On June 20th, 1955, the City's first Mayor and City council were sworn in, all of which were appointed by the Governor.
The present Administration is dedicated to preserving the character of Miramar by enhancing the quality of life in promoting and attracting development that will enrich this community without detracting from its culture and dedication to good family living. This positive meld between business and government in their mutual concern for positive development and growth in our City is producing one of the finest cities in South Florida.